Thursday, May 10, 2007

My first doctor's visit

Today I had a doctor's appointment. When mom came home from work we got in the car and drove to the vet's. I was wild in the car, moving from the back seat, to the front seat, to the back seat...Mom says it was lucky the vet is only 5 minutes away from our house.

Once we got to the vet they made me get on a scale. I weigh 69 pounds! After that, we sat in the waiting room. There were a lot of cats at the vet's, but I didn't bother any of them. They were all in crates, and I wasn't, so I just laughed at them because I was free and they weren't.

Then we went into another room and doctor came in. He was very nice. He said he had a golden retriever just like me. Mom says it's good that he has golden retrievers because then he'll understand me. Doctor said he couldn't understand why my original parents would give away a great dog like me. Mom was right, doctor does get me!

Doctor looked in my mouth, in my ears and up my nose, felt my tummy and listened to my heart. He said I was perfectly normal. Then he gave me three shots. The first two were in my scruff and they didn't hurt, the last was in my bum and that hurt a little.

Mom asked doctor about a bump I've had on my head since before I moved to Pittsburgh. She said some people thought it was a tick, and it had gotten bigger in the last week and a half. Doctor squeezed it and pulled out a big clump of fur. He said it was an ingrown piece of fur. It was over an inch long! And it was thick! Mom said it was gross. I tried to eat it. Mom said that was even grosser.

Then doctor took me into a different room away from mommy, and they gave me another shot. This one really hurt! Mom said they put a microchip under my skin so if I ever get lost, mom and dad would be able to find me. Which is good because I don't want to lose mom and dad, but still...ouchies.

Doctor says I don't have to come back for another year. I'm glad, because even though doctor was nice to me, the shots hurt!

No comments: