Sunday, May 11, 2008

Can I keep him?

A few weeks ago, I heard a tap, tap, tapping noise at the front window, I jumped up and saw a little yellow bird fly away. A week or two later, I heard the same noise at the office window. I looked up and it was the same bird. He just kept sitting on the window, tap and tapping. Then I jumped on the window and he left. But then he came back, and he kept coming back day after day. I think he wants to be my new pet.

Mommy and Daddy think that he used to live in the birdhouse in our back yard. Over the winter there was a storm and the birdhouse fell out of the tree and broke into pieces. The tree it was in was dead, so Mommy and Daddy had it cut down. So the bird returned from his summer in Florida and his house was gone! How sad for him! So we think he is trying to get into the house to ask where his house went! Mommy and Daddy went to the store and bought him a new house, I hope he likes it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Cooper,

My name is Eddy and I’m a GRIN dog, too! My mom has been reading your blog since she saw it posted on the "Success Story" page of GRIN's website. I was adopted by these really nice people back in March 2007, and it is the best place I’ve ever lived! I liked your story about the yellow bird, because I love chasing birds. (And squirrels. And rabbits.) But back to the bird... you wouldn’t believe this, but there's a bird that lives IN MY HOUSE! It’s in a cage, but occasionally it gets to fly around in the house!
Lots of fun and licks,
Eddy