Saturday, April 28, 2007

I have a new home!

Hi! My name is Cooper. I'm a one year old golden retriever. My parents just adopted me last night from the Golden Retrievers In Need Rescue. They drove the whole way to Ohio from Pittsburgh just to get me. I had been staying with foster parents for close to two months. They were very nice and took great care of me. They were very patient with me, even when I wasn't so good. They had some cats who drove me crazy. The cats kept taunting me by doing things that I thought I couldn't do, like walking on the coffee table or the back of the couch. But I showed them, I got right on the table just like the stupid cats. I miss my foster parents and foster brother, but I sure don't miss the cats.

Anyhow, after spending a few hours at my foster home, my new parents decided that they loved me and wanted to take me home with them, and late last night, I drove with my new parents to Pittsburgh. They tried to put me in the back of the car, but I was very lonely back there, so I jumped into the middle seat, then when my new mom got out of the car, I jumped into the front seat with my new dad. They told me I couldn't drive with my dad, and made me sit in the back seat with mom. That was okay, I slept most of the way with my head in her lap. About two hours into the ride, I woke up and started to eat my luggage that my foster mom had packed my bed in. My new mom then hid it from me.

After two and a half hours in the car we got to my new home and I explored the back yard with my new dad and then came inside and explored the inside. I sniffed absolutely everything in the house, and stole a stinky sock from the hamper. Then I went into my crate and went to bed.

We slept in in the morning, and when we woke up, my new parents tried to take me on a walk. It was raining and I was starving, so I pretended like I didn't like walks so they'd let me come in and eat. It worked! I ate breakfast, then we played for a bit. I love my new daddy. He's definitely the boss. My new mommy, however seems like she might be a bit of a pushover.

My new dad left in the car, and I was home alone with mom. I got a little nutso and tried to eat her arms. She tried to get me to stop, but I didn't listen. So she went and got on the telephone. I heard her say my name and that I was wild and needed some help with my manners and that I would benefit from going to school. I'm not sure what that meant, but I didn't like the sound of it, so I tried to eat the phone while she was talking on it.

After she got off the phone, I tried to make nice with my mom by making her laugh. I chased my tail for a good 15 minutes. I actually caught it a few times. She took video of it. Maybe she'll let me post it for you all to see.

Then we went for a walk around the neighborhood, and mommy said I was very good. We saw a kitty, and I didn't even try to chase her! The walk tired me out for a bit, so I took a little nap until daddy came home.

Now daddy is home and we're watching the football draft. They say I am now a Steelers fan and can't root for the Browns anymore. Mommy also says I have to stop being an Ohio State fan and have to be a Penn State fan.

My latest trick is that I figured out how to get into the bay window behind daddy's chair. I learned that from the cats.

I'm feeling a bit antsy, I'm going to go pester my new parents and get them to play with me. I'll write more later, I hear tomorrow my new grandparents are coming to visit and will be bringing my Aunt Tori.


Stephanie said...

What a great picture! Welcome to da 'burgh, Cooper! You're mommy is very excited to have you at home!

Emmy Boyd said...

I'm glad you are finally home Cooper. I will come to visit soon. Do you want to get married?