Sunday, April 29, 2007

Birthdays!

Today was a great day! Mommy and daddy slept in again, but once they got up I ate breakfast and mommy and I went for a long walk. We met another golden retriever on our walk and he was mean. He kept trying to jump on me, so I hid behind mommy. Then he decided he wanted to come on our walk with us. He was very rude running around in people's yards. I walked like a gentleman and stayed with Mommy. At the end of our walk, we went back to the other dog's house and rang his parents' doorbell, but no one answered. It was sad that there was no one there to take him inside. Maybe that's why he was so rude, he didn't have nice parents like I do.

So we came back and then we spent sometime in the back yard. I love the backyard. I could sit out there all day, as long as mommy or daddy would sit with me. I also met my new next door neighbor Joe. Joe says I'd make an excellent bird dog. He seems nice. I also met Joe's dog Peaches who is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Which is a pretty big name for such a little dog. I was very brave since we were separated by a fence and I barked at her. She just rolled her eyes at me.

Then daddy took me on another walk, and I came in and took a nap. When daddy walks me he walks really fast and sometimes even runs with me! It really tuckers me out. When I woke up, there was another golden retriever at the porch door. Mommy said it was my Aunt Tori. She looks exactly like me! We must be related! Aunt Tori came with my new grandma and grandpa. I love my grandparents! They were so nice to me, they brought me toys including a fun new squeaky ball. They both, especially my grandpa, made a big fuss over me. They both kept saying what a good dog I am.

Aunt Tori and I played outside. Then we came in and ate dinner. Aunt Tori took up all the space under the table so I had to lay under mommy's chair. I stayed there all through dinner. I didn't mooch once! After dinner we had a cake for mommy and grandpa's birthdays. Mommy says it's not polite to tell you how old she is, so I won't mention it.

Then, after dinner, I learned about something called the "Cake Fairy." Apparently, somehow, cake gets into dogs' bowls after the people eat. I love the Cake Fairy, I hope she comes to dinner every night! But mommy says she only comes on special days.

Grandma and grandpa left after dinner, and mommy and daddy took me on another walk. Mommy keeps telling me how good I was today. She says she is very proud of me.

I'm really beat after all the fun and excitement from today...and from all the walks! Now I'm going to nap until it's time to go to bed.

No comments: